The majority of this material, specifically rules and systems addenda and clarifications, was designed for the Mayfair (2nd-) Edition of Chill. While the Vincent campaign was designed and extensively playtested under this edition, slight changes should make it adaptable to all others.
The Weirding's coverage and support of the Chill RPG, in all forms, is rated AO (Adults Only) for:
- Blood - Depictions of blood
- Blood and Gore - Depictions of blood or the mutilation of body parts. Representations of blood and/or gore in realistic or photographic-like detail.
- Fantasy Violence - Violent actions of a fantasy nature, involving human or non-human characters in situations easily distinguishable from real life
- Violence - Scenes involving aggressive conflict
- Intense Violence - Graphic and realistic-looking depictions of physical conflict. May involve extreme and/or realistic blood, gore, weapons, and depictions of human injury and death
- Suggestive Themes - Mild provocative references or materials
- Mature Sexual Themes - Provocative material, possibly including partial nudity
- Mature Humor - Vulgar and/or crude jokes and antics including "bathroom" humor
- Crude Humor - Moderately vulgar antics, including bathroom humor
- Strong Language - Profanity and explicit references to sexuality, violence, alcohol, or drug use
- Tobacco Reference - Reference to and/or images of tobacco products
- Alcohol Reference - Reference to and/or images of alcoholic beverages
- Drug Reference - Reference to and/or images of illegal drugs
- Use of Alcohol - The consumption of alcoholic beverages
- Use of Drugs - The consumption or use of illegal drugs
- Use of Tobacco - The consumption of tobacco products
We reserve the right to like our chicks nekkid and our murders bloody. That way, bloody, nekkid chicks rock just that much harder when they happen. 1
A whole lot of this game, the way we play it, has to do with strippers (etc.), drugs and drug-dealers, gangsters, and the seedier elements of society - and there is a good reason for this: few people care what happens to them (and, sadly and with glaringly few exceptions, with good reason), so there is a large cast of possible victims and few willing heroes. These people smoke, drink, curse, have [dirty, kinky,
Were half of the Horrors inflicted upon these "dregs of society" to become known to "decent" people, it would change the whole set, mood, tone, and feel of the game as presented in the second edition. (Of course, we also play on this theme with such adventures as "Upon the Vultures, We too Shall Feast.")
The horror genre is not for everyone and we fully appreciate that - that's why we're telling you, right here and right now, we get heavy-duty and pull no punches. There are now several Chill campaigns online which are far more accommodating to younger players and
The Weirding provides a whole lot of system errata to provide a smoother, more enjoyable, Chill game which is appropriate for all ages. However, The Weirding firmly believes that horror films should be rated at least R (fuck that PG-13 shit), so we're stamping the whole thing AO.
1Note that The Weirding does not recommend bloody, nekkid chicks - at least not at the same time. For the most part, both just lie around, eventually fucking-up the carpet. The Weirding reserves the right to overlook bloody, nekkid chicks, should they happen - so long as they don't happen on our carpets...
© C Harris Lynn, 2008